At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. Goldman Sachs has launched an initiative to become the top provider in equities trading by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for top clients across the industry. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs to achieve and exceed our goals.
This team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution and post-trade, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways. As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance for systems and strategies used by our clients. How will you fulfill your potential?
- As part of the Equities Technology team you will be responsible for designing and implementing the firm's strategic vision for the Equities technology stack
- You will deliver value by architecting scalable solutions that are primed for reuse across the revenue generating divisions
- You will reform workflows through automation and devise the tools which will enable the equities business to better service their clients' needs
- You will develop and enhance the data centric tools that will be used to drive business decision making
- You will help internal and external clients to leverage the technology offering to efficiently and effectively meet their business goals
- Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science or engineering or 3 years' experience in a related field.
- 2+ years of experience developing large-scale applications
- Thorough knowledge of Java programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience with distributed, event driven systems and using messaging protocols
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with end users
- Experience in the financial industry and an aptitude to learn
- Cross platform desktop applications development experience
- Experience building applications on Linux
- Experience working with a modern web GUI framework - React, Angular, Vue or similar
- Experience in project management at a basic level