• Assist in developing, enhancing and maintaining China macro portfolio models, and applying the model output to analyse and generate investment ideas over time;
• Develop and document specific trade ideas for portfolios and discuss in the meetings;
• Undertake thematic and sector research in China macro markets;
• Analyse China onshore markets and undertake research in China;
• Apply quantitative methods for market research;
• Participate in investment meetings in Asian fixed income, and discuss and contributes market views over time.
• Provide analytical supports to China fixed income portfolios;
• Assist in developing model portfolios for potential clients;
• Develop quantitative approach to support portfolio management;
• Implement investment strategy at portfolio levels;
• Liaise with infrastructure team to enhance portfolio system efficiency;
• Support portfolio management administration, performance attribution and risk analytics;
• Support for the credit portfolios/funds under direction of the credit team.
• Assist in analysing macro investment process and identify potential area of improvement;
• Acquire knowledge of fixed income markets, macro and credit research, and portfolio and risk management capabilities over time.
• The skills of this role will overlap with the skills needed to cover the role of fund management assistant (FMA). Although the focus will be on the China macro portfolios, the FMA will also support the China credit portfolios too.
• Conduct product executive responsibilities including client reporting, client presentations ect.
• The time allocation across these 3 roles will be:
Fixed income analyst (40%-80%)
Fund Management Assistant (10%-40%)
Product executive (10%-20%)
• Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance or relevant related fields; CFA or advanced degrees;
• Demonstrate at least 3 years of experience in fixed income market with preference for candidates with exposures in China macro portfolio management. Experiences in quantitative finance will also be relevant;
• Solid understanding of fixed income instruments and portfolio construction process;
• Excellent analytical and reasoning ability;
• Desire to work in a team-oriented multi-location environment;
• Eager learner and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Keen interest in global markets;
• Good communication skill in English and Chinese is a prerequisite;
• Comfortable with technology and able to integrate new developments into work processes.