Global Top-tier Hedge Fund, Operation Role
We are currently seeking an operations associate for ensuring excellent management of the Operations Department's goals and responsibilities, in addition to ensuring quality output from our external partners. This team will also serve as the primary liaison between the external partners and internal stakeholders. This role has the unique opportunity to be an integral part of evolution and transformation efforts within the Operations department and participate in personal and professional growth with an industry leader. Responsibilities:
- Perform daily operations functions to ensure that daily operational process is completed excellently on time and without error, and to monitor the external partners' daily activities to ensure that all service level agreements and procedures are met. Related scopes including but not limited to:
- Trade Confirmation, Clearing & Settlement, Collateral Management, and Cash Movements/Payments
- Reconciliation & Validation on Cash, Position & NAV
- Client/regulatory reporting
- Liaise with internal departments and external service providers to ensure efficient resolution of complex issues.
- Participate in and drive the building out, testing, and improvements of designs, processes, and controls.
- Support and drive to completion for projects from simple process enhancements to larger strategic initiatives within and beyond the operations department.
- Ad hoc projects, and coverage as necessary
- At least 2 years of relevant experience on buyside or sell side operations department, or in financial service company, big four accounting firms, etc.
- Bachelor's degree, demonstrating a strong academic record from a competitive school
- Fluent in Mandarin and conversational English, good written English skills, some experience working with/for western financial services firms is preferred.
- Tech capabilities preferred: good skills in Python, VBA, familiar with SQL, strong excel user.
- A quick learner with strong communication skills:
- Outstanding decision-making capabilities, keen logic, and good judgment
- Independent thinker, able to operate independently on short and long term goals, possesses common sense and comfort working in a high volume, fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills demonstrated under pressure with tight deadlines
- Professional team-player mentality with a genuine interest in pursuing Bridgewater's common goal of excellence