MORE ABOUT THIS SKILLSET
Risk teams focus on giving the firm clarity on the risk profile of our activities and devise strategies to protect the firm's ability to serve our clients effectively.
Embedded in everything we do, risk management is key to effectively identifying, monitoring and anticipating the diverse array of risks the firm faces in serving clients and operating its global businesses, including credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk operational risk and model risk.
If you apply to this skillset, you will be considered for multiple roles across the firm that require this skillset. Please note division and function examples below are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business. DIVISIONS AND JOB FUNCTIONS Asset Management Division
is a global, broad and deep platform with diversified capabilities across public and private asset classes. We are a top 10 global asset manager with a leadership position across asset classes and key market segments. The integration of our traditional and alternative asset management businesses will enhance our ability to deliver a holistic suite of client-centric investment solutions, benefitted by our global scale, deep industry expertise, market insights and long-standing experience. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation and maintenance of the overall risk framework including policies and procedures;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the risk management policies and procedures and compliance on an ongoing basis;
- Design, develop and monitor quantitative and qualitative risk metrics for investment portfolios including market risk, credit risk, liquidity risk and model risk;
- Propose risk limit and thresholds at different level and monitor relevant exposures;
- Support new product, investment strategy, vendor risk evaluation and ongoing monitoring;
- Support performance attribution analyses and portfolio stress testing;
- Produce various risk MI reports for the key internal and external stakeholders, including regulators;
- Support operational risk management.
- Native level expertise in Mandarin, business level fluency in English;
- Postgraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Engineering etc.;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in risk management within a financial institution and good understanding of risk management;
- Familiar with China equity market;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and proactive thinking;
- Good communication and influencing skills with the ability to resolve issues, build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders, and have proven skill in resolving conflict;
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity