GWM Shanghai - Associate
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
This Account Associate will be part of PIMCO's China Account Management team, with a primary focus to support China's QDLP distribution as well as long term business strategy development.
This position requires an analytical, detail oriented professional who can:
- Provide high quality client coverage as a support to the Account Management team.
- Accurately and efficiently respond to client queries on portfolio performance, product marketing materials and DDQs (due diligence questionnaires).
- Support the planning and execution of marketing events and road shows as well as government /regulator/ industry association communications.
- Develop and maintain a variety of different types of materials to support new business development, existing business and other marketing campaigns
- Serve as a product specific contact for clients and prospective clients. Provide current insight regarding the firm and product specific investment philosophy, process, strategy, performance and other relevant information directly or indirectly to clients and prospective clients
- Accurately and efficiently prepare client reports spanning performance, portfolio exposure and risk metrics. Analyse portfolio data including qualitative and quantitative performance attribution. Continually build understanding of underlying market factors to complete more qualitative, complex investment analyses
- Robust knowledge on macroeconomics, fixed income and derivative instruments is a must
- Self-motivated. Demonstrate sound business judgement, project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that all work is delivered completed, accurately, and on time
- Communicate effectively with clients and colleagues demonstrating a 'goes the extra mile' attitude in internal and external interactions.
- Actively listen and ask questions to determine and meet customer needs; go beyond normal job responsibilities to indirectly satisfy the customer
- Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate.
- Strong sense of integrity, behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles of the firm.
- Focus on specific goals, and demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results.
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required.
- Have the desire to contribute to and grow with the organization through a variety of developmental assignments (the nature of which will be based on available opportunities and actual performance in the current role)
- Strong commitment to embrace PIMCO's culture, values and approach
- Must possess at least an Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Economics or a related field; demonstrate an interest in progressing toward a CFA.
- Fluency in English & Mandarin (oral & written).
- Four to five years of finance-related experience is a must (ideally in the fixed income or investment management)
- College internships in a financial, client-oriented role will be considered in lieu of employment experience. Ideal candidates are familiar with fixed income markets and macroeconomics, currency and derivative instruments.
- Effectively utilize tools such as Power Point, Excel spreadsheets, macros, and query tools (VBA knowledge an advantage), along with internet sites, both public and private.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office