ICG Technology Production Support, 2021 Full Time Analyst, China
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast expertise. Success Profile
As the world's most global bank, Citi gives you the tools to be a trailblazer. We're not just building technology, we're building the future of banking. With thousands of employees located around the globe, we are an international team encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, and cultures, and we invite you to come and join us! Creative Analytical Collaborative Productive Adaptable Relationship Expertise Glassdoor Reviews
"Excellent technologists. Great vision of bringing the financial services industry into the 2020. Great place to work for work-life balance." Senior Applications Development Manager, New York, NY
"Great Intern experience, great pay and solid opportunity to end up being a full time after the end of the internship program." Summer Technology Analyst
"I had a great learning experience, good work environment and excellent coworkers. Had the opportunity to escalate my way to the highest position available in my area within 3 years" AVP Operations & Technology, San Juan PR
"Globally diverse and technologically progressive" Director of Software Development, Warren NJ Responsibilities You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Full-Time Production Support Analysts to join the Technology team in China. Our ICG Technologists support and enable the success of our trading businesses- and by utilizing a broad range of technologies, our team is at the forefront of innovation. We seek to drive our systems and processes toward scalable, low-latency, high-frequency enterprise systems to support Citi and our aggressive growth strategy.
Production Support plays an integral part in running and maintaining the production environment for both front and back office applications so that Citi can confidently conduct business and service clients. Our production support analysts use their problem solving and technical skills to quickly resolve any issues, which can vary in severity and complexity and may impact Citi's reputation or profits. Production support analysts are often 'the bridge' between developers and trading, so they quickly become equipped with extensive business knowledge, as well as technical skills. Your time here will look something like this...
Projects that our Production Support analysts have worked on:
• Resiliency testing - We need to know that our applications can function in the event of a disaster or on high volume dates (think Covid-19 impact or Elections) so that the business can continue to operate, so our analysts put our systems to the test, simulating disasters so we know the breaking point and how to react in a real life disaster.
• Improving Production Support Monitoring Techniques - Monitoring is vital to alert support to any issues within the production environment so they can quickly resolve them. Our analysts help to build upon and improve our current platform using street-standard tools such as ITRS and ECS.
• Design, development and implementation of tooling - Support analysts will have the opportunity to develop applications and scripts to aid themselves and their teams in their job. There are opportunities to work with new and cutting edge technologies such as ECS/OpenShift/Kibana, and well as expanding skillset in established technologies such as Oracle/Unix/Linux to name a few. Our past analysts have implemented solutions that helped develop and hone their software development skills, ranging from excel macros, to python scripts, to C# and Java applications.
• Organizational and operational efficiency improvements - Within various support teams there are still day to day activities that are being performed manually, so our analysts get involved in efficiency improvement projects to see where tasks can be automated or streamlined to free their time to get involved in strategic projects that can better serve the business
• Release / Change Management - Your development peers will be writing the application code for new functionality, but our production support analysts will be the ones to perform risk analysis and manage the release of code changes into the live environment. With strong change management techniques, production support analysts help to protect the live systems from unnecessary harm and keep our platforms stable.
• Incident Management - Major Outages - Despite best efforts, inevitably there are major outages which production support must manage to get our systems back up and running. If this is not managed correctly, the impact on Citi's reputation and finances could be catastrophic. We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The 2-year Analyst Program starts in July and begins with 5 weeks of in-class training program. Here at Citi, rotational programs are intended to help you build a broad skillset and accelerate your career growth by gaining exposure to more than one team in Production Support. Our rotational program will help you discover the best fit for your skills and long-term career goals at Citi. We want to hear from you if...
• You have obtained an undergraduate or Master's degree in any discipline; degrees in Computer Science; Information Systems; Computer Engineering; Business (technology focused); and other technology-focused degrees are preferred; but not required
• You have strong evidence of project management; leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
• You have a passion for Technology
• You have strong evidence of project management, leadership, teamwork, attention to detail and communication skills
• You are committed to personal growth and career development, and a strong desire to be successful in a team working environment Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We'll also be looking for the following:
• Passionate about technology, with knowledge of any of the following being a plus:
• SQL, Unix, Python, C#, .Net, Java
• Ability to multi-task with sharp problem solving skills
• Strong communicator, able to build relationships and rapport easily
• Adaptable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
• A team player
• Positive attitude and keen to learn.
• Ability to work under time constraints
Citi is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process in accordance with law. Please inform me prior to your interview date if you require any accommodation throughout this process.