MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Responsible for the third party market data vendor applications and infrastructure. The candidate should have a proven track record in supporting and configuring Market Data applications and infrastructure. The candidate will be responsible for supporting all market data desktop applications used in the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Perform pre-market checkout out critical applications and infrastructure.
- Support both application functionality and data content; escalate data content issues to vendors and/or internal developers.
- Automation, run-books and FAQs, for helpdesk.
- Manage incident management process for Market Data issues.
- Manage engagement with end users/vendors and helpdesk until problem is resolved.
- Acting as role model and technical mentor for less experienced staff.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Candidate should have relevant experience in the range of 2-4 years.
- Deep understanding of application configuration and troubleshooting, experience of supporting Windows environment essential.
- Experience of remote support (international), working with vendors for problem resolution.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Powershell.
- Availability: Be available to respond to emergency situations and perform regularly scheduled maintenance
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Application product support specialist for Refinitiv, Bloomberg, Datastream, Factset, etc
- Deep understanding of application configuration and troubleshooting, experience of supporting market data or trading desktop applications.
- Understanding of Linux environment.
- Experience with vendor data distribution systems like TREP, Elektron, Activ,, etc.
- Financial Industry experience - Understanding of capital markets, experience with multiple asset classes