You are a member of the Life/Health Reinsurance Contracts Team in Asia responsible for the management of their reinsurance contracts and providing expert-level legal knowledge and support to both internal and external clients in the region.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Serve as the first contact for contracts and contract referral in China
- Communicate directly with clients on reinsurance contract issues by collaborating closely with the marketing and pricing actuaries
- Assess requests regarding complex reinsurance clauses and develop suitable solutions
- Develop solutions for reinsurance contract wording and ensure consistency of contract terms
- Foster information exchange and conduct training on contract topics
- Collaborate with business associates to identify product and reinsurance opportunities
- Provide legal support on contract wording and claim-related contract interpretation issues
- Participate in global reinsurance contract projects and other initiatives with colleagues within Gen Re’s Global Legal Department
- Degree in Law (A different academic qualification may be considered for individuals with highly relevant experience in the industry)
- Prior work experience in the insurance industry is a requisite
- Prior work experience in reinsurance would be advantageous
- High Proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese
- Strong interest in the economic interrelations of insurance and reinsurance
- Capacity to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interact with people from different cultures
We offer a
- Highly professional and inclusive work environment that values excellence, integrity, personal responsibility, and the unique talent of each employee
- Flat management hierarchy and team-based environment that promote collaboration and free-following communication
- Market competitive remuneration package that commensurate with experience and qualifications, with a comprehensive suite of employee benefits
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your application.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.