Machine Learning Data Scientist, based in Sydney
Once in the team you will bring your machine learning expertise to bear on all aspects of the trade pipeline. You must have the ability to build models for high-frequency asset price prediction, to analyse the resulting trades, and to build models for better understanding of latency implications, etc. You must be able to explain clearly your ideas and results to the rest of the team.
In the role you will:
- Contribute techniques from machine learning towards improved automated trading systems.
- Work with traders, quants, software developers in a highly focused team building, deploying and improving automated trading systems.
- Research, implement, test, deploy and monitor proprietary systems trading across multiple markets and financial products. We work at all levels of the problem domain from market data handlers through trade monitoring.
- Work with python systems to extract the data you will require; (Preferable C++ but not a must)
What we're looking for
- Ph.D. in Computer Science/ Quantitative subject (statistics, math, engineering, physics).
- Comfortable programming python in a Linux environment.
- You have developed real-world ML applications and have a strong interest in finance and trading.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with senior/executive trading staff.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of inter-departmental teams.
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.