The Market Specialist team is the market, product and workflow experts at Bloomberg. Weâ€™re highly skilled on asset class knowledge, have a deep understanding of China financial market as well as Bloomberg's product offerings. We have a client facing role based in Beijing or Shanghai, collaborating closely with our Core, Specialist and Enterprise Data Sales teams, as well as our Enterprise Product team, to build and execute on strategies that drive sales revenue in the China market. As the key owner of our FX business in China, on any given day you might be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, providing critical feedback to help craft the development of our future Product, or else bringing key stakeholders together to execute on high impact opportunities. Whatâ€™s the role?
Weâ€™ll trust you to concentrate on the below core focus areas; Strategy:
Sales & Revenue:
- Formulating Sales/product strategies based on current Bloomberg product, Bloomberg product outlook, market trend and client appetite.
- Executing Strategies through coordinating, prioritizing and working with product and sales teams. Being ultimately responsible for strategy success.
- Analyzing Strategies and communicate the analyze result to stakeholders in product and sales teams.
Product & Market:
- Focus on utilizing your network, product, market and workflow expertise to impact our Core and Enterprise Product revenue
- Direct client engagement to identify their needs and articulate our solutions to translate them into business opportunities for Enterprise Sales
- Develop and Implement new business initiatives and campaigns to drive commercial impact for the region
- Understand our suite of products and how our clients use them, as well as our Product pipeline
- Build/maintain relationships with external key decision makers and senior financial professionals, coupled with a deep comprehension of the competitive landscape, market and industry trends, to understand how all this impacts both our products and client usage and influence the direction of our Products
- Identify both tactical and strategic high impact projects and bring external needs and internal resources together, building a roadmap that aligns with Product, Sales, and Organisational goals
You'll need to have:
- Communicate your Product and Asset class strategy to Enterprise Sales
- Be a common thread between the Enterprise Sales, Enterprise Product and Software Engineering departments to implement and execute value-added solutions
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Be the face of Bloomberg by being involved in training, running campaigns, writing publications, and speaking at events
We'd love to see:
- Business proficiency in English and Mandarin
- Broad and detailed theoretical knowledge and practical experience in China and International FX and Commodities markets
- Extensive experience in FX and Rates ideally gained from working in a trading or sales role
- Extensive and strong relationships within China market
- Practical experience using the Bloomberg terminal, or similar product, and applicable asset class functionality
- Strong presentation and training skills with the ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- A collaborative and enthusiastic mindset that enables you to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure
- Willingness to travel
If this sounds like you:
- Regulatory knowledge impacting the derivatives markets
- Experience working in both developed and emerging market
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.blpcareers.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.