Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1Trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Strategist to partner with client-facing colleagues in China to set marketing direction and priorities to support opportunities for client growth and retention. This role will work primarily across our sub-advisory and private wealth management business in China to deliver and execute integrated marketing programs, collaborating with colleagues in the global and Marketing functions. While this role will focus primarily on our onshore business, coverage may expand over time to Greater China. The role will report to the head of marketing for the Asia-Pacific region and will be based in Shanghai. This role is part of a global marketing function with locations in Boston, London, Singapore, and Tokyo that includes teams dedicated to content creation (writing/editing/proofreading), content management (readership optimization and content tagging), design (digital and print), marketing operations and project management, digital marketing, and events.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate strategic discussion with business partners to set marketing priorities and to develop integrated marketing plans
- Own and execute marketing initiatives including helping to drive brand awareness and product initiatives ensuring that they are in line with strategy, timeline, and budget
- Drive regional content strategies and develop key investment content in support of marketing initiatives including proprietary digital platforms (website and WeChat), sub-advisory road shows and client facing promotional materials (e.g. presentations, webcasts, videos, etc).
- Proactively partner with other experts within marketing team (design, editorial, events, project management) on all relevant aspects of marketing deliverables and programs
- Deliver successful client programs, collaborating with colleagues locally
- Keep abreast of marketplace dynamics (competitive landscape, topics of client interest) and current investment thinking within the firm to inform content ideas for programs and thought leadership topics
- Share themes and best practices with marketing colleagues in other channels and regions
- Coordinate and manage translation of marketing related content
- Oversee the China public website and Wellington WeChat Official Account
- Collect and review metrics to measure and continue to improve effectiveness of marketing program
10+ years of experience in intermediary marketing within the financial industry, a portion of which should include direct management, development, and execution of marketing communication plans and initiatives. An advanced degree will be viewed favorably. In addition, the candidate should possess the following attributes:
- A passion for the investment management industry and global markets
- Experience working in North Asia (China, Hong Kong, Macau), with deep understanding of regional business practices, market landscape and culture.
- Knowledge of the China market in particular deep understanding of the intermediary market and wealth management channel (i.e., marketing practices and tools, regulatory environment, distributor landscape and requirements)
- Experience in driving a thought leadership agenda related to investments/capital markets including ability to partner with internal authors and speakers to identify and develop content for publications and seminars
- Ability to tell product 'stories' through content that will engage a variety of audiences, including institutional and intermediary decision makers
- Have high energy, excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Mandarin language skills. Native Mandarin is preferred.
- Strong academic credentials, ideally a post-graduate and/or professional qualification (e.g. MBA/CFA or equivalent)
- Willingness to travel frequently to support marketing activities in the region
- Proven ability to interact effectively and professionally with creative teams, senior executives, internal business partners, external clients and external vendors
- Passion for working collaboratively as a part of a global team where team members are based in multiple global offices
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .