The Marketing & Communications analyst, China (based in Shanghai) is an experienced creative writer, editor and multimedia content creator to produce adapted and original Chinese-language content for branding and promoting Invesco in China. As a key executive assisting the China marketing leader, they will help the team leader mainly express the core value of the corporate brand through engaging articles, resonant social media posts, and other content programs.
This is a new role created for the China marketing team, and the successful candidate is also expected to assist the operational and executive tasks of the team. The analyst designs content addressing a variety of audiences including clients from institutional to retail investors as well as some of the extended audiences. A passionate professional to drive content and localization with new ideas in a constantly changing investor landscape.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Lead and own assigned projects including educational content, social media content (various platforms), other strategic marketing projects on specific awareness campaigns, etc.
- Research, organize and write engaging content and write digital-friendly investment content in Chinese, mainly for institutional and professional investors. Leverage the internal resources such as the thought leadership content platform, , adapting global content for China
- Lead the agency and freelancer contribution for a close-to-market communication output to improve the reader data on different media platforms.
- Support all the marketing campaigns or events from the content perspective, such as promoting text and video script.
- Work as a member of the China marketing team and take part in the program led by the China marketing leader.
- Support the China Marketing Leader in delivering the marketing plan, as needed beyond content creation.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 5-8 years of working experience in financial media or asset management companies in China. Prior experience in financial journalism or investment communications is desirable.
- Deep understanding of investment, asset management and diverse client groups and knowledge of related investment products
- Experience in writing, editing and publishing especially for investment-related and asset management content
- Familiar with the regulatory policies for public information constraints in China.
- Working experience as part of an industrial research team in a securities company is a distinct advantage (internship is included). Or in asset management
- Experience with either large or foreign/domestic JVs operating environment
- Native level written and spoken Mandarin Chinese, professional-level fluency in English.
- Proven and exceptional writing and publishing skills to create a wide range of communication materials for various audiences. A digital-first publishing approach in writing for audiences online, with evidence of success. Strong research, idea generation and information-handling skills with the ability to grasp important themes and substantiate arguments with credible details and facts. Create clear, concise and engaging content across different media including print, digital and video. Data visualization expertise is a plus.
- Self-directed, accountable and well organized; Able to pay attention to detail and work at a fast pace.
- Able to work well in a team environment and manage stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Economics or Business
- CFA or similar education background is preferred but not required