Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing â€" Analyst/Associate (Shanghai)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing (“MSREI”) is a leading global real estate investment platform and has been one of the most active real estate investors in the world for over two decades. MSREI currently manages $41Bn of assets over more than 400 investments in 21 countries. In Greater China, MSREI is currently investing on behalf of two discretionary pools of capital across both opportunistic and core strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES. The Analyst/Associate will be working across a variety of real estate acquisition asset management activities. The work is challenging and will typically include:
• Screening and evaluating deals, by performing market research, financial analysis, and making recommendations to senior members of the team
• Identifying and developing views of emerging trends in the real estate sector that present interesting investment opportunities
• Managing execution of a deal through the whole process, from preparing internal investment memorandums, leading due diligence to participating in negotiation / structuring and documentation
• Playing a key role in asset management of existing portfolio by closely working with partners and/or service providers to initiate and execute business plans
• For Associate, supervising and mentoring junior members of the team in the execution of acquisition and asset management initiatives