Procurement Manager, Greater China
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Not specified
- Experian Singapore
- 22 May 19
Procurement Manager, Greater China
The position holder will be the single point of contact for all in-country purchases, covering all categories of spend such as IT, data, professional services, HR, facilities and travel. On regional and global levels, the buyers are supported by a network of Global Category Leaders who are the categories SMEs that provide guidance and set the global procurement category strategies for the organisation.
His/her key duties includes sourcing, developing supplier relationships; establishing supply contracts, negotiating lowest possible cost, maintain quality, ensuring supply, avoiding liability, enhancing systems to streamline the buying, and coordinating projects together with various departments to help enhance the fluency of Experian business process.
- Manage RFPs, auctions and contract pipelines - utilising Ariba, our esourcing tool.
- Negotiate with suppliers and deliver cost savings.
- Ensure all expenditure is covered by appropriate contracts that you will be negotiating directly with the suppliers
- Strengthen business relationship with key suppliers;
- Develop alternate suppliers and risk mitigation strategies;
- Lead to revise and perform suitable supplier assessment such as business award and penalty program;
- Drive cost saving programs at country level;
- Monitor closely with operations to ensure delivery at agreed service/quality level and in time;
- Continuingly understand operation needs and convert them into supplier service/quality level improvement
- Provide proposal cost estimate support and project opportunity qualification support from sourcing perspective
- Proactive revision of procurement process improvement potentials to meet business needs but with no compromise on compliance requirement
- Standardize sourcing practice across different business lines
- Ensure Group and APAC sourcing policies are strictly followed
- Work with APAC Procurement and SSC to ensure Oracle based sourcing controls are effectively used in daily operation
- Deal with internal and external auditors along with senior management and seek for continuous sourcing improvement from audits
- Plan, develop, and execute improvement projects on any identified improvement areas
- Work with Legal to closely follow on regulation development and report impact to sourcing activities;
- Set up and regularly update cost driver models for all key purchase components;
- Develop and own reports that can enhance communication of key stakeholders
- Work closely with Sales, Delivery, Customer Service, Product IT, Legal, and APAC Sourcing to ensure
- sourcing decisions are made in an informed environment with inputs from key stakeholders, proper escalation to senior management takes place in time to support business growth and to mitigate risks
- Actively work with APAC Sourcing and controllership to contribute to best practice standardization
- Build productive and satisfactory relationships between country management, APAC management, and procurement function
- Regional management responsibilities include providing unique category expertise across APAC countries and being responsible for procuring data in different countries and understanding how these are linked;
- This is a key leadership role for data category and one that seeks to drive continuous improvement whilst delivering value for multiple stakeholders regionally;
- Able to provide a good execution of sourcing strategies across the APac region, drive and track progress and streamlining strategies to ensure continuous improvement and fair value analyses
- Bachelor's degree with economics, business, trading or equivalents.
- At least 8 years' experience in purchasing, be familiar with the purchasing process, market situation and quality system standards in Financial and big data industry is preferred.
- Commercial Law - understanding of contractual law, including risks, negotiation and drafting experience.
- Bilingual in both spoken & written English and Mandarin
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to leverage existing supply tools and technologies and assist in the development of new technologies
- Professional and result driven
- Work with integrity and respect company ethics
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a can-do attitude, can initiate and assist line manager from proactive basis, not necessarily work itself, but process, strategic plan as the most important
- Outgoing, social, passionate to tackle challenges and quick learning ability
- Time Management - ability to manage own time and priorities.
- User of Oracle ERP system, Ariba, Share Point (training can be provided)