Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $571 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
The Senior Associate in the Capital Markets group in Shanghai will be responsible for overseeing and executing financing transactions for the Real Estate team across Hong Kong and China, including acquisition financing and refinancing opportunities, and developing and maintaining external relationships with debt capital providers. The Senior Associate will have the opportunity to lead a wide range of capital markets and real estate transactions, mainly focused on private asset-backed financing and construction financings, but including unsecured financings, public market debt and equity transactions, securitization, and interest rate and currency hedging transactions. The Senior Associate will be involved with the development of the business and regularly contribute to internal and external meetings, negotiations, and strategic initiatives. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, Senior Associates are expected to assume an integral role in the business and can expect to be staffed on a number of assignments at one time.
Senior Associates will work on a wide range of transactions and responsibilities will typically include:
- Assisting with the negotiation and execution of financing transactions
- Internal company presentations, analysis and coordinating regionally on reporting requirements
- Sourcing of financing for real estate investments
- Developing and maintaining external relationships with debt capital providers
- Monitoring of loan covenants and evaluating of refinancing opportunities
- Development of bank presentations to solicit financing feedback
- Interaction with acquisitions and asset management teams to provide guidance on the pricing and terms of financing
- Market research and competitive analysis
- Financial analysis and modeling
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- 4 – 6 years of corporate finance experience
- High proficiency of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with commercial real estate financing
- Native Chinese speaker with working level proficiency and excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be a collaborative team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Perseverance and stamina
- Contribute to a positive culture