Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a global metals producer looking to hire an Aluminium Trader to join the team in China.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for developing the primary aluminium and scrap book for China and any overseas business contributions that can add extra value (can be focused on billets, foundry alloys, slabs, coils, rod, scrap etc)
- Identity and exploit market trends/opportunities along with excellent research analysis to enhance commercial success of overall sales
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships through communication, contract negotiation, visits, handling enquiries etc.
- Develop risk mitigation and improve entire value chain, using expertise in B2B Chinese markets
- Reports into the Head of China
Key Qualifications / Experience
- At least 5+ years’ experience trading or selling primary aluminium products (billets/alloys, scrap a benefit) ideally within a trading organisation or producer
- An established network of clients and strong relationships with relevant aluminium customers/suppliers across China
- Strong knowledge of INCOTERMS 2020, LME/SHFE hedging and other trade/finance techniques
- Must be fluent in Mandarin and English
- Located in Gongyi or happy to relocate