Position: Sr. Equity Research Analyst- China
Location: Shanghai, People’s Republic of China
Causeway (Shanghai) Information Consulting Co., Ltd. is a wholly foreign-owned subsidiary of Causeway Capital Management LLC that provides investment research services for Causeway Capital Management LLC. Causeway Capital Management LLC provides equity investment management services to corporations, pension plans, public retirement plans, sovereign wealth funds, Taft-Hartley pension plans, endowments and foundations, mutual funds, charities, private trusts, wrap fee programs and other institutions. The majority employee-owned firm, based in Los Angeles, began operations in June 2001 and manages international, global, and emerging market equities. Causeway employs a unique blend of fundamental and quantitative investment strategies and offers its clients access to the firm’s proprietary risk analytics.
More information on Causeway (Shanghai) Information Consulting and Causeway Capita can be found at https://www.causewaycap.com/.
The Senior Research Analyst will conduct in-depth research in Chinese equities and assist with portfolio management in China-dedicated portfolios. This will include constructing and maintaining financial models, interacting with Chinese company management and sell-side analysts, analyzing company and industry trends, communicating research results and recommendations to the entire Causeway research team, and performing portfolio manager assistance with analytical tools such as FactSet and Wind Financial Terminal. The Analyst will support investment recommendations with in-house research and rigorous accounting and financial analysis. Additional responsibilities include collaborating with research teammates in China and in the U.S., providing “China perspectives” to fundamental and quantitative research teammates, including those in the U.S. covering sectors (i.e. Technology, Communications Services, Consumer, Healthcare, Industrials, etc.). Other responsibilities will include working with Causeway client service and business development.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Native Mandarin speaker plus strong English language skills.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in Chinese public equity investment research, Chinese private equity or other related financial fields with focus on China, including in-depth knowledge of one or more sectors (consumer, healthcare, industrials, and/or technology).
• A passion for investing and a respect for disciplined, intrinsic value-oriented investment strategies.
• Thorough understanding of financial statements and valuation methodologies.
• Solid analytical, accounting and computer skills.
• Strong oral and written communications and ability to convey ideas to colleagues and clients.
• Creativity and intellectual curiosity.
• Demonstrated teamwork.
• Highest level of ethics.
• Excellent academic credentials; graduate degree preferred.
资深证券分析师将对中国股票进行深入研究，并协助中国投资组合管理的执行。职责将包括建立与维持财务模型、与中国公司的管理层和卖方分析师交流、分析公司与行业的趋势、向考斯韦的研究团队汇报研究结果并提供建议、使用 FactSet 和 Wind Financial Terminal 等分析工具协助投资组合管理的执行。资深证券分析师将以内部研究、会计与财务分析来支持投资建议。其它职责将包括与考斯韦客户服务部和业务发展部合作、与中国和美国的研究团队合作并向基本与量化研究团队提供以中国角度的观点，包括美国覆盖的领域（技术、通信服务、消费、医疗保健、工业等）。