- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Manager, Project and Transformation, CMS CN
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Manager, Project and Transformation, CMS CNAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Product and Project Delivery
• Lead on identifying product innovation (opportunities) and work with related teams on potential / business case for implementation.
• Lead on driving the execution of CMS Product / Change initiatives. Pro-actively track status to improve the control and responsiveness of CMS Services leveraging the support of ops staff as required (CMS Services at branches and hubs, Trade, BA, CSG, Product etc) by periodical monitoring.
• Assistant program execution of CMS Service Projects (both from Group and in-country).
• Ensure post project implementation monitoring and outcome tracking on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain close working relationship with appropriate persons in the Transaction Banking, Group offices and within the Bank itself to facilitate an open and direct communication of issues, needs, queries, etc. such that these may be responded to in an efficient, prompt and professional manner.
• Assistant on the CMS operations process management, aiming at standardized and streamlined process by regular workflow and procedure review.
• Lead/Drive on the continuous process re-engineering across branch & Hub.
Operational risk Management
• Support implementation of OR initiatives for the CMS Service.
• Support to effectively implement all operational, regulatory and financial control measures into our existing DOI and monitoring plans for compliance and unit operational risk management.
• Proactively communicate with the Business Unit Head and UORM on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head /UORM as appropriate.
• Support operations team pre/post audits and assurance reviews.
• Provide support on any regular and ad hoc tasks related to operational risk assigned by management team from time to time.
Qualifications & Skills
• Key Measurable
• Key driving role in implementation of Group and Country CMS function programs and achieving the quality objectives and standards required.
• Key driving role in continuous process and productivity improvement.
• Education Graduates / post graduates
• Experience Abundant operations working experience
• Strong analytical, problem solving and operational skills.
• Sound knowledge on project management skill.
• Excellent understanding of service quality principles
• Good understanding of technology support systems used within the local environment
• Good knowledge on CMS products
• Sound knowledge of the risk management of CMS products and local regulatory environment
• Excellent communicator in written and spoken Chinese and English
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills, good people management skills
• Self-motivator, able to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure
• Energetic and able to withstand heavy workload
• Passion in identifying and driving new operations improvement opportunities.
• Other then above roles, job holder should follow other job duties and responsibilities assigned by line manager from time to time.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.