Senior Middle Office Analyst
Middle office , Product Control for a global top tier quant trading house
Middle Office is an independent control department that ensures the integrity of trading positions and accuracy of P&L reporting.
You will be part of a collaborative team responsible for validating positions and valuations on a daily basis. Middle Office provides the link between Front Office (trading) and Back Office (clearing and finance), and thus requires a strong understanding of financial instruments including their settlement and clearing processes, and trading strategies as well as accounting concepts.
We also work closely with Risk, Finance, and IT developers, and perform ad hoc projects using excel, SQL and other tools. Responsibilities:
- Maintaining our internal Middle Office system, providing technical solutions to enhance team's work efficiency and effectiveness
- Reporting and explaining the daily trading P&L
- Data analysis on month-end reports, and other ad hoc projects
- Understanding the whole daily Middle Office operations from end to end, be able to back up the team as needed (night shift rotation will be required if needed)
- Fluent in both Chinese and English, able to communicate confidently in business environment
- Hands-on experience and in-depth technical skill in improving and maintaining middle office or portfolio management system
- 3+ years' experience in either Product Control, Financial Control, Audit or a similar type of roles for a trading firm or financial engineering firm; bank or public accounting firms
- Excellent Excel skills
- An understanding of derivative products and control function
- Interest in pursuing a career in Financial markets
- Interest in Risk and P&L analysis, problem solving, process and system improvements