Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Our global investment platform is comprised of over 500 investment professionals across six investment functions (Alternative Investments, Investment Boutiques, Privates, Research, Science and Strategy) in six locations (Boston, Hong Kong, Shanghai, London, Radnor, Singapore, and Tokyo). The team collectively manages approximately $1 trillion in assets across the capital structure.
The Shanghai investment platform apprenticeship role represents an opportunity to be a part of the Investment Platform and work with a seasoned investor. The Apprentice will play a critical role in assisting experienced analysts and portfolio managers in conducting analysis and research.
The role is anticipated to be between 2-3 days a week (depending on the availability of the candidate) for a duration of 3-6 months, with an option to extend for a further 6 months.
- Interpreting company announcements
- Attending company meetings & conferences; taking notes and sharing them widely.
- Building and maintaining company financial spreadsheets
- Completing analytical projects
- Conducting due diligence and market research
- Researching macroeconomic themes
- Creating visualizations and dashboard views using various data sets
- Developing & communicating investment ideas in spoken & written form
We seek a team player who has strong analytical skills, is an independent self-starter, able to multi-task, and complete high-quality work. A keen ability to pay attention to detail is a must for this position. Excellent communication, writing and Excel skills are required. A demonstrated interest in the investment management industry is also desired.
The following will be viewed favorably:
• Excellent academic record, including relevant coursework in finance, business, and/or economics
• VBA, Python, SQL and Excel skills preferred
• Prior work experience in a financial or other client-oriented team role, and comfort working in a fast-paced organization with high professional standards
• The ability to work in a detail-oriented, deadline-driven role
• Good English language skills (written and spoken) Application Process: Please submit your CV, cover letter, and answer the below questions when applying for this role
- How many days per week would you be able to participate in this program?
- How long would you be able to work under this program? Would it be 3 months? 6 months?
- When would you be able to start?
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .