Software Developer (Storage), Associate
Architecting and integrating a storage solution working with 3rd party vendors
The team is seeking a multi-talented developer that will focus on engineering highly available and scalable solutions for the firm wide storage repository and data requirements. In addition to architecting and integrating a storage solution working with 3rd party vendors, the candidate will develop in-house applications that will become part of the technology platform for the business. Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will also design storage tools on problem management and preventive maintenance (alert and capacity management). Additionally, the candidate needs to understand storage virtualization, workload automation, storage provisioning, distributed and scale out file systems, software defined storage solutions, emerging technologies in the storage discipline and SAN/NAS Fabric management. Ability to work as part of a global team is a requirement.
- In addition, the candidate must be able to listen to customer requirements and be able to advise, discuss and articulate technical solutions effectively.
- Proficient in one or more of the following modern development practices - UNIX shell, Python, JAVA, C++ and/or Perl, GIT, Jenkins, automated testing, continuous integration, SDLC, Agile and DevOps practices
- System Administration/Engineering/Architecture experience within enterprise UNIX (RHEL)/Windows Server environments, Container environments (RH Open Shift/Kubernetes/Docker, etc.) and Cloud environments (Azure/AWS/Google) is highly desirable but not required
- Experience with software development lifecycle with large software development projects is a must
- Good organizational and English communication skills, prioritization of multiple projects and objective
- Knowledge of storage technologies and disciplines namely, Fibre Channel, ISCSI, SCSI, NFS, CIFS, POSIX, Object Storage, SAS, SATA, FLASH (NVME, SSD, etc.), RAID, Erasure Coding, Distributed/Scale-out Storage, File systems, High-availability methods, working knowledge of databases etc. are strongly preferred
- Understanding networking protocols and connectivity preferred
- Understanding of Client/Server, Scaleout architectures, virtualization, performance and capacity management strongly preferred
- Knowledge in the following vendor products is preferred but not required
- NetApp 7mode/cDOT/Engenio, IBM Spectrum Scale (aka GPFS), HDS Storage Arrays/HCP, EMC Atmos, Brocade SAN/FOS, Veritas Storage Foundation Suite
- Skills Proficiency: Advanced