Software Engineer - Asset Management
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices. Responsibilities
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
- Developing and supporting software as part of regional Asia-Pacific Asset Management Technology for use by GSAM.
- Opportunity for green-field software development and design and selection of full stack.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships, including conducting due diligence and risk assessments.
- Developing, advocating and applying GSAM standards and best practices for onshore China.
- Work closely with portfolio managers, traders and support staff to facilitate required analysis and discussion to deliver technology solution to business.
- Potential interaction and negotiation with regulatory bodies.
- Financial market experience required.
- Software development experience.
- Technical background with at least bachelor's degree in engineering subject.
- Business level English and Mandarin, ability to read and write in both fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience of global engagement and influence in a large organization.
- Some experience of vendor risk management and engagement.
- Operating system experience in a Unix variant, as well as Windows platform.
- Risk and control focus, including incident escalation and management.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in Python and web user interface technologies.
- Asset management or buy-side experience a plus.
- Experience of trading flows for China A shares and listed derivatives.
- Experience of working with a modern Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in an enterprise environment.
- Understanding of enterprise network design and maintenance.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity