- Supports a moderately complex legal entity or entities, line of business, country, region or accounting process, as assigned. Manages numerous activities from start to close, including consolidations and financial reporting of business outcomes to deliver useable, accurate and timely financial information for the desired period (monthly, quarterly or annually).
- May complete other assignments, as needed, including standard accounting activities. May provide presentations, information and/or recommendations to senior management, the internal board of directors and regulators, as needed. Supports end to end accounting processes and completes research required to transform data into information for reporting purposes.
- Activities may include processing standard general ledger events and transactions, assisting with continuous improvement activities such as the identification and analysis of exceptions, providing support for audits, completing assignments to support the maintenance of the control environment, fulfilling ad hoc requests in accordance with global, regional and country-specific process standards and completing process improvements.
- May deliver recommendations for use in accounting and financial reporting to senior management and the internal board of directors. May complete special project activities, as assigned. Responsible for posting journal entries to the general ledger accounts accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
- With little guidance, performs reconciliations of general ledger accounts or other financial data. Identifies and escalates issues, as needed. Reviews and/or approves journal entries and/or reconciliations completed by less experienced professionals. Participates in assignments across lines of business, legal entities and geographies that have an impact on internal and external reporting, accounting and accounting processes.
- Assignments include contributing to the implementation of new or revised reporting, accounting and accounting process policies, procedures and reporting templates in order to provide effective financial planning, accounting and reporting of financial information. Provides accounting guidance to relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting risks, patterns or recurring issues and working with all necessary parties and technical teams to reach a resolution. No direct reports. May review work completed by less experienced staff. Contributes to the achievement of the assigned line of business, legal entity or entities, country, region or accounting process' objectives. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Accounting concentration preferred. MBA or CPA/CA/local area equivalent certification preferred.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred,, knowledge of GAAP and accounting and finance concepts and analysis techniques preferred. Experience designing financial models and accounting processes preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.