MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Core Engineering is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, Core Engineering solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-calibre software engineering. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for motivated professional to work as a File Storage Engineer team in the Storage Engineering Team, and by joining the China Core Engineering group, you will be delivering projects and supporting key Storage systems in our growing China organisation.
Projects and responsibilities include systems implementation, data center migrations, tools deployment and product lifecycle. You will be working to support and modernise the China File Storage estate and work with the Storage Engineering team global team and local clients to understand key components of these services.
You should have a strong familiarity with infrastructure technologies such as Network, Linux OS, and a scripting language ideally Python but Bash, PERL are also useful.
- Over 4 years of experience with File storage systems
- Understanding of infrastructure resilience and disaster recovery
- Strong analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Broad view on the breadth of the Storage technology landscape including object (S3), file, block, data protection and cloud storage systems.
- Working knowledge in at least one scripting language: shell, Python, Perl
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions.
- Communication Skills - Strong communication & stakeholder management skills
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues & risks in the environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Supporting File Storage systems including NetApp 7-mode and CDot. Responsibilities include executing system configuration, provisioning, data migration, and decommission operations. Capacity and performance data analysis of these platforms.
- Hands-on experience with architecture, implementation and operation of a Linux-based compute environment
- In-depth knowledge of the Linux OS, advanced network concepts, knowledge of traditional storage platforms, firewalls, and load balancers
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity