Technology - Application Infrastructure Developer, Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Technology is the key differentiator that ensures that we manage our global businesses and serve clients on a market-leading platform that is resilient, safe, efficient, smart, fast and flexible. Technology redefines how we do business in global, complex and dynamic financial markets. We have a large number of award winning technology platforms that help to propel our firm’s businesses to be the top in the market. We have built strong techno-functional teams which partner with our offices globally taking global ownership of systems and products. We have a vibrant and diverse mix of technologists working on different technologies and functional domains. There is a large focus on innovation, inclusion, giving back to the community and sharing knowledge.
RICE (Risk Calculation Environment) is the strategic risk framework for the Fixed Income business at Morgan Stanley. Our group provides both the development environment and the runtime environment for the RICE Platform. Multiple teams are working together to build this cutting edge, highly integrated, functional Scala platform to underpin the firm’s next generation of applications. This platform covers a number of technologies including object stores, bitemporal data representation, asynchronous, memoized and highly distributed compute graph processing, embedded query languages and declarative reactive UIs. Our clients are over five hundred application developers across many areas of the firm.
We currently have a role within the Web Application Infrastructure team in Shanghai. This team develop all the components to make the RICE platform available for web-based frontends. This includes everything from cloud-based webservers to an Electron frontend application container. We work closely with multiple application development teams, identifying common requirements and helping them to solve problems.
- You should be a technically proficient and enthusiastic developer, with a desire to work across the full stack in order to help engineer new and existing components.
- You will work on new and existing components in Scala / TypeScript in an agile team working across multiple time zones.
- You will support and lead different phases of the product lifecycle including analysis, development and testing.
- You will suggest improvements to our systems and processes and over time you will take ownership for some areas.
- You will collaborate closely with very experienced developers and have the opportunity to learn and grow in this role.
- Your clients will be application developers and you will work with them to understand and deliver their requirements.