Technology - Cloud Platform Dev Engineer, Associate, Shanghai
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Not specified
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Jul 18 2018-07-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
Morgan Stanley's infrastructure is largely comprised of applications that leverage agile, ephemeral compute resources as business needs dictate. The proprietary, open-sourced, container-based platform on which many of these workloads run - Treadmill - is a key ingredient in the firm's ability to successfully meet inconsistent and even unexpected compute demand brought about by market volatility. The person hired for this engineering role would be part of a development team responsible for the Treadmill platform itself, on top of which many hundreds of applications and tens of thousands of containers run every day. The Treadmill platform is a no-fail infrastructure, given the importance of the apps that leverage it, so the development work involved is of the highest caliber.
- Be the sole owner responsible for developing and reviewing code and contributing ideas to a team of talented technologists
- Facilitate technical discussions and the development of web applications, web services, and public APIs that support thousands of users and hundreds of applications
- Participate in the design of the web application
- Understand software requirements
- Implement various parts of the application, using primarily Python
- Formulate and implement recommendations/solutions
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Understanding & knowledge of distributed systems is essential for the role
- Good understanding of Linux & working experience in a Linux distribution.
- Strong experience developing with Python and / or Java.
- Good understanding of SDLC methodology
- Effective written & verbal communication skills: ability to clearly and concisely communicate with clients, partners, and peers at all level of the organization (external and internal alike)
Other advantageous skillsets include:
- Designing and building XML/SOAP/Restful service applications and clients
- Thorough knowledge of web database applications
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP protocols