Trader - MARK - Shanghai - 20180413002
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Not specified
- SOCIETE GENERALE HK
- 18 Feb 19
Trader - MARK - Shanghai - 20180413002
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Job Summary / Job Purpose
- Develop the SG China Precious Metals platform for operational readiness.
- Develop SG China PM's Operational and Trading system capability to MARK/CTY standards for Competence and Compliance.
- Assist both Onshore and Offshore Sales teams in establishing business relationships and in developing the PM client base.
- Support Global Sales Teams with client meetings and market discussions, both electronically and in person where required.
- Conduct the Pricing and Quoting of PM client activity - The execution of Spot, Swap, Forward and Loan transactions with SG China clients.
- Facilitate the education and access for offshore SG clients into China Precious Metals, where appropriate. Manage the subsequent market risk from executed client transactions to ensure operation of trading within given market and credit risk limits.
- Monitor and manage the funding for SG China's Precious Metals activity, to ensure exposure from client and trading activity remains within given liquidity targets.
- Promote SG China's profile on the Shanghai Gold Exchange & SGEI, and progress the successful approval of a Precious Metal import license.
- Raise the profile of SG China Precious Metals business more broadly , across the SHFE and OTC markets.
- Perform market observation for onshore China and offshore Precious metals markets, and identify trading opportunities.
- Undertake prescribed levels of trading activity in the onshore China market to ensure daily volume targets are met.
- Enter into onshore/offshore trading markets to generate revenue.
Main Responsibilities /Accountabilities / Tasks
- Qualified and authorised as a Trader on the Shanghai Gold Exchange.
- Experienced in dealing onshore China precious metals products of the SGE.
- Knowledge and experience in dealing offshore, in Unallocated Gold in the London Bullion Market.
- Familiarity with conventions of the physical precious metals markets - various premiums, transportation, refinery activity.
- Pre-existing relationship with the SGE and SGEI from former trading history.
- Experience in working in a controlled compliance environment with a record of strict adherence to dealer codes of conduct.
Coordinate with IT and Operations teams to set up the SG China PM platform to :
- Develop booking models that facilitate trade capture and operational processing of the minimum functional Precious Metals product-set.
- Design and implement risk management reporting specific to support the SG China Precious Metals business, per any local requirements.
- Set up the various underlying listed products required for trading in SG systems.
- Ensure that the trade capture downstream processing by Financial Control, Operations and Risk reporting is adequate.
- Ensure all required market access and registrations are in place.
- Gain access to the trading market through Connect.
- Seek all required authorisations for the targeted client business to be undertaken.
- Leverage available market knowledge to ensure a sustainable operational platform is developed for SG China PM business.
- Identify, enlist and train an individual offshore for PM trading support, including any required processes, to act as back-up during periods of absence.
- Provide a regular update on the outlook and development of the structure and evolution of the onshore metals market in China.
- Communicate regularly with the Trading and Sales teams, by participating in risk and product calls, promoting the SG China PM business.
- Provide a contact point for Operational and Trading issues to be raised, to ensure timely resolution of client, operational and risk issues.
- Support the SG MARK business with insights into the China Precious Metals market.
Academic Background(degree and major)
Bachelor or above
Working Experience /Technical Skills & Know how
3 years + experience in precious metals trading or relative jobs in financial institutions
Skills & Competencies
Good interpersonal skills, communication skills, responsibility
Technical background is preferred
(if applicable) Qualification Certificate issued by CFETS