Leading Private Equity Fund Manager looking for an experienced investment professional to join their investments team with a strong focus on biotechnology/ biopharmaceutical/ healthcare deals.
JOB DESCRIPTION: VICE-PRESIDENT, BIOTECHNOLOGY INVESTMENTS (BASED IN SHANGHAI)
Our client is one of the most established Private Equity Fund-of-Funds in Asia and a widely respected name in the Private Equity scene.
They possess an enviable investment track record in both their fund investments (primary and secondary) and direct co-investments, and have built deep relationships with top tier venture capital, growth capital and buyout funds throughout Asia-Pacific.
The firm prides itself on a collaborative and nurturing culture, built on a bedrock of strong values and ethics. In spite of the challenging global economic environment, they have continued to flourish, while expanding their presence in various Asian offices.
To support their growth and strong deal flow in the North Asian market, our client is looking to bring on board an experienced investment professional with strong knowledge of the Biotechnology space to augment their existing capabilities. Depending on the seniority of the candidate, our client is open to hiring at either Principal, VP or Senior Associate level.
Working closely with the Partners/ Principals, the VP (Biotechnology Investments) shall be involved in the following:
- Participate in the sourcing, evaluation and closing of biotechnology/ biopharmaceutical investments across Asia Pacific with a significant focus on Mainland China deals
- Majority of time and efforts will be directed towards direct investments (co-investments and/or secondary investments).
- Other responsibilities include primary and secondary fund investments in interesting biotechnology or healthcare-focused funds.
- Portfolio monitoring and responding to investor queries
B) Leadership and Teamwork
- Participate in recruitment efforts to grow the Shanghai office
- Help to coach and mentor junior members of the Investments Team
- Contribute to firm-wide team-building activities including CSR efforts
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor or Post-Graduate degree with strong academic and professional credentials
- 6 -12 years of work experience gained in PE/VC, Investment Banking, Investment or Asset Management or any other relevant financial institution, with strong transactional experience.
- Familiarity and interest in the Biotechnology/ Biopharmaceutical/ Consumer Healthcare space with the ability to serve as the sector expert within the team.
- Possess sound networks of industry contacts (investors and advisors) for sourcing and evaluating investments
- Well versed in financial modelling, financial statement analysis, accounting principles, equity markets and equity valuation.
- High level of communication skills in both English and Mandarin. Due to the need for this candidate to engage senior stakeholders in North Asia (especially Mainland China), spoken and written proficiency in Mandarin is required.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with mastery of Excel and Powerpoint
- Attention to detail and concern for accuracy
- Energetic and motivated team player with strong work ethic
- Willingness to travel within Asia and occasionally to the US and Europe (when global travel restrictions are lifted)
Kindly send your updated CV to Sang-Chin BOH at firstname.lastname@example.org for our consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussions.