Vice President, Compliance Officer
Description About this role About WMC
In August 2020, BlackRock, Temasek and China Construction Bank (CCB) received approval from the China Banking & Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC) to set up a Wealth Management Company (WMC) in Shanghai. BlackRock will hold a 50.1% stake in the joint venture. The WMC will be able to manufacture onshore products for domestic investors. Role Aim/Purpose:
BlackRock's current PRC platform includes significant onshore and offshore activities. BlackRock currently holds a QDLP and PFM License and has offices in both Shanghai and Beijing. Blackrock is now expanding its onshore presence - including establishing a Wealth Management Company ("WMC") in partnership with China Construction Bank ("CCB") and Temasek.
The WMC is seeking an experienced Compliance Officer for its newly established WMC business. This role will be primarily responsible for advising on a range of compliance and regulatory matters - reporting directly to the WMC Head of Internal Controls/Chief Compliance Officer ("CCO"). Key Responsibilities
The role's key responsibilities will include:
Review, supervise and inspect compliance with the operations and management of the WMC and the practices of its employees - with a strong focus on internal controls. Establish and execute on a compliance monitoring and transactional surveillance programme for the WMC. Conduct and document compliance reviews of the internal rules and regulations of the WMC. Provide general compliance and regulatory advice and guidance to the FMC and its employees - including, but not limited to, challenging business decisions to ensure compliance with all relevant rules and regulations and effective management of compliance and regulatory risk. Provide training to the employees of the WMC in accordance with local requirements and assessment of compliance and regulatory risk issues. Report to CCO or primary persons in charge of operations and management in accordance with the Articles of Association of the WMC. Monitor local and regional regulatory developments and oversee the implementation of these developments Liaise with local, regional and global shareholder compliance and business colleagues to ensure that global best practices in the management of compliance and regulatory risks are applied to the WMC. Qualifications:
- A minimum of 6-8 years relevant working experience in compliance and regulatory matters at a Wealth Management Subsidiary (WMS), other wealth management, asset management or financial services firm operating in the PRC.
- Experience in, or exposure to, foreign financial services organizations or banking institutions operating in PRC.
- Established relationship and experience with PRC regulators and other self-regulatory bodies (including CBIRC, or CSRC).
- Qualifications in Law, Accounting or other finance related disciplines desirable.
- Experience implementing AML/KYC, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption compliance programs in the PRC, advantageous.
- Understanding of the regional APAC and global regulatory environment. Understanding or exposure to other regulatory regimes (such as Hong Kong or another APAC jurisdictions) advantageous.
- Excellent written/oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- High level proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Strong attention to detail.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.