Vice President | Legal Counsel | Shanghai
Description About this role About this role BlackRock China Fund Management Company (FMC):
BlackRock Fund Management Company will be a wholly-owned subsidiary of BlackRock (subject to regulatory approvals), incorporated in Shanghai PRC. We envisioned to pursue our globally-aligned purpose in China through publicly-offered securities investment fund management, direct distribution of funds, specific customer asset management and other businesses approved by the China Securities Regulatory Commission. Information provided may subject to change as the application to incorporate the entity is ongoing.
We are looking for a VP level professional legal counsel joining out FMC Legal team. Key Responsibilities
- Draft and review contracts, agreements and other legal documents;
- Assist with product development and structuring;
- Provide on-going advice regarding products, sales activities, internal control and strategies;
- Negotiate service provider/vendor and distribution agreements;
- Proactively identify changes in laws/regulations and keep internal stakeholders informed;
- Prepare and draft board meeting materials;
- Establish legal policies and procedures;
- Deliver legal training needs
- A minimum of 6-8 years relevant working experience as a lawyer in a top law firm or the L&C department of leading FMC, securities firm or other asset manager;
- Experience in advising mutual funds, private funds, and other asset management products; familiar with the life cycle of a securities asset management product;
- Knowledge of trading related documentations, regulations and market practice;
- Exposure to and experience in company secretory work;
- Excellent communication/teamwork skills and able to work with stakeholders at all level;
- Established relationship and experience with regulators and self-regulatory bodies;
- Shown ability to manage and work with external counsel;
- High level proficiency in both written and spoken English;
- Strong attention to details.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.