Developer Experience's GSWeb Products team is responsible for building and delivering the tools which power the firm's revamped intranet and award-winning public website.
The team is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to focus on extending and expanding the firm's corporate website globally, with the development of a new site targeted to serve our customers in China. The primary application stack (a microservices architecture comprising modern homegrown and open-source components) is defining and delivering a newly redesigned Web experience for stakeholders across the firm and the world.
The right candidate will use their experience to help us build a high-quality Web experience that engages our customers and supports our brands. Leveraging expert knowledge, modern tools and partnering with our developers and designers, the candidate will deliver best in class solutions, which will ultimately enhance our user's experience.
The Ideal candidate is a highly-motivated self-started for the Products infrastructure activities, and will serve as a thought leaser for cross-team projects. This role requires an intricate understanding of Software Engineering, and involves a mix of hands-on-functions such as scripting and server provisioning, as well a s conceptual understanding of computer science principles in order to apply design best practices. Responsibilities
- Designing, building and maintaining application environments for software that Goldman Sachs employees utilize in Core Engineering, including internal and external websites.
- Provisioning and configuring on premise (Goldman Sachs proprietary) and Cloud (e.g. Amazon AWS) servers.
- Management of the server runtime through the use of scripts written in Python/Bash(Linux) and Windows (Powershell).
- Troubleshooting and debugging incidents by performing log file and root cause analysis.
- Apply best practice to the application environment design to ensure high availability in the business.
- Work with Developers to automate and streamline the deployment of new software releases to test and production environments, employing DevOps & Agile software development lifecycle (SDLC) principles.
- Provide technical leadership and technical vision to assist the team in adopting modern Cloud-based solutions.
- Strong communication skills, including experience working with other development teams and business users
- Prior experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation) for Infrastructure automation
- Proficiency in scripting languages including Groovy, Shell/Bash, Powershell, Python
- Experience with monitoring & alerting tools (Pagerduty, Grafana, Cloudwatch)
- Experience with Gitlab and Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker & Kubernetes for application provisioning
- Utilizing DevOps platforms like Gitlab & Jenkins to engineer integrated software build, test & deployment pipelines (CI/CD)
- Use build automation tools like Maven & Gradle to automate software compilation and unit testing
- A background in Computer Science, including an advance degree, would be ideal.
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.