- Shenzhen, Guangdong Sheng, China
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Product Analyst
Location: Shenzhen, Guangdong Sheng, ChinaIn this role, you will join our SAV team to learn all aspects of the Moody's Analytics structured finance business. You will have the opportunity to participate in projects with our content production, financial modeling and client service teams. You will gain exposure to experienced professionals in our SAV team through extensive training and mentorship programs. This will be hands-on learning experience where you will participate in real world production processes from data acquisition to product delivery. You will be a member of Moody's Analytics' team creating and supporting some of the industry's leading data, model and software solutions for the structured finance industry.
This role would include:
- Work with our data team to contribute to our monthly production cycle and understand our sophisticated data processes. Have an opportunity to streamline processes and improve quality and efficiency through automation
- Learn how to model waterfalls for a variety of structured finance asset classes, including RMBS, CMBS, ABS and CLOs
- Gain extensive knowledge of our structured finance content and products by working with client service teams to provide assistance to our customers
- Work as part of our product teams to design product functionality, specify bug fixes and software enhancements requests
- Help with the design and POC of new solutions using APIs and micro services.
- Work on cloud integration efforts and support replacement of our legacy web applications.
- Contribute and lead long term projects and initiatives that benefit the quality of client-facing products
- Contribute to development of QA methodology for content output
- Undergraduate or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) with a quantitative or problem solving emphasis. Preferred degrees are in Science, Engineering, Math, Economics, Computer Science, or related fields
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or another relational database is required
- Experience in C/C++, C#, Excel VBA, or other programming languages is preferred
- Experience in working with large/complex data sets beneficial
- Candidate must be willing to learn structured finance and have an interest in technology
- Good written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical issues.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Possess great initiative and have strong organizational skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.