Model Risk Manager - Shenzhen
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values based on integrity, excellence and giving back. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) is the investment management division of Morgan Stanley. MSIM strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to our diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations, and individuals worldwide.
Morgan Stanley Huaxin Fund Management Co., Ltd. (MSHF) is a Sino-foreign joint venture fund management company in which Morgan Stanley is the largest shareholder. Headquartered in Shenzhen, with branches in Beijing and Shanghai, MSHF provides an array of professionally managed funds for China investors, including fixed income, actively managed equities, fund of funds and separately-managed accounts, with a goal to meet investors’ needs for asset allocation, risk management and investment returns. JOB SCOPE:
The role supports the head of risk management department at MSHF to establish model risk management framework within MSHF, with guidance from Model Risk experts from Morgan Stanley. The scope covers all aspects of model risk management including but not limited to model governance, model identification and model validation. The job also offers opportunity to develop into more broad risk management areas such as investment risk and operational risk. RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify all models MSHF employs according to Morgan Stanley global model criteria
• Review and enhance model documentation with model developers across the company
• Review the model design, assumptions and implementation and suggest areas for enhancement
• Performing model testing independently, or together with model developers; analyze and document testing results
• Develop model risk management processes, facilitating model certification and manage exceptions
• Maintain and enhance model risk management policies and procedures
• Facilitate the development of model management platform and infrastructure over time
• The scope of the models range from investment/research models, to models used for financial projection and risk management
• End User Computing (EUC) management
• The role offers and encourages interaction and synergy with other members in the risk department, and potential expansion into different risk disciplines