Operations - Listed Derivative Operations, Analyst, Shenzhen
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation.
The Futures Operations team supports the clearing and settlement of futures and options contracts in China markets, the primary daily responsibilities include processing, validating and settling futures transactions. The team has extensive interaction with internal and external parties to ensure effective oversight for existing business but also to shape and implement solutions for new products, strategies and systems.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, who is a team player. This person needs to multi-task well, have excellent client service skills and possess good organizational skills and be able to adapt quickly to an ever-changing list of issues. Additionally, the role will require extensive coordination and communication with various operations teams and professionals across the firm. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Primary Responsibilities
- Day to day client service
- Margin monitoring, payment processing, management of client margin calls
- Daily Reconciliation of Futures accounts and Bank accounts
- Management & Regulatory reporting
- Participate in project initiatives designed to improve efficiency and controls
- Act as escalation point to management for identified risk, breaks or discrepancies Basic Qualifications
- 1 - 3+ years' experience in the financial services industry - preferably with an Operations or Controllers background.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Familiar with Chinese financial markets regulatory landscape Preferred Qualifications
- Preferably has obtained the China Futures Association entitlement license
- Experience in Commodities market or Physical Delivery of Futures Contract is highly regarded
- Experience in dealing with external institutional/WOFE/QFII clients would be a plus
- Some experience of change management ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity