Software Engineer(China Platform)
Job Description The Content Solution Research division of Moody's Analytics Shenzhen is seeking an Assistant Director Software Engineer with good hands-on skills and at least 5 years of experience to join the backend data team. The backend data team is responsible for the design and development of data integration, data analysis and data delivery using the best of breed technologies following agile methodologies. We are looking for a highly motivated team player who will:
- Develop ETL of data and backend service
- Collaborate with Production Managers, Program Managers and Quality Assurance Engineers across multiple development centers.
- Extend and maintain the existing codebase with a focus on quality, re-usability and maintainability
- Create technical design document and implement the components assigned.
- Participate in support of outstanding data issues
- Monitor software system components for correctness, usability, security, accessibility, reusability, maintainability, adaptability and integration
Candidates should have good communication skills and an eagerness to learn. They should be self-starters who work with minimal direction. Candidates must also possess excellent technical skills and have an aptitude for building and understanding complex architectures. Experience in the following areas is required:
Proven aptitude in the following areas is required:
- Java / Scala language, J2EE
- Spark / AWS EMR / AWS Glue / Hadoop
- Database model design, SQL Server stored procedure and queries performance tuning
- Spring Framework
- Web Service REST / SOAP
Experience in the following areas is very desirable:
- Design and implementation of scalable distributed data processing and integration systems
- OO concepts(OOAD)
- Written and verbal English communication
- SQL Server T-sql / Stored procedure
- Python Language
- Data integration platform (Kettle, Clover ETL)
- AWS or similar cloud service providers
- Tomcat, JBoss, Ngnix
- Agile, Scrum
- Linux Shell (Redhat, CentOS, Debian)
- Financial experience
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.