- Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Development Team Lead, Collateral Technology
- Location: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Development Team Lead, Collateral TechnologyAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Financial Markets Collateral Technology team is looking for strong, hands-on candidate to fill the role of Development Team Lead. The Collateral Technology team develops the solutions to support global Financial Markets collateral management and margining system at Standard Chartered. Key current initiatives include Margin Reform regulatory on-boarding for Phase 4 and 5 clients, consolidation of CSA and non-CSA collateral systems into a single platform, efficiency enhancements to achieve Zero-Touch-Processing for Margin Operations and work towards the strategic future state architecture.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities for the Development Team Lead includes:
- Scrum Master of an Agile team and contribute to the improvement of the product
- Lead and motivate members of the team to perform to their full potential
- Understand the user requirements and help write epics and user stories
- Track and maintain metrics such as code coverage, system performance and system security
- Contribute to design and implementation of application integration solutions
- Hands-on programming work for development projects
- Contribute to implementation and enforcement of best practices related to standards and control of software code, testing and release management in messaging development
- Lead the implementation of full DevOps to support the development process from requirements to production release
- Analyse issues and fix them during production and testing .
Our Ideal Candidate:
Required experience, qualifications, and skills:
- Experience in developing robust, distributed, scalable, high production quality applications
- Knowledge and experience in configuring the Murex system, specifically version 3.1.x
- Business domain knowledge of collateral management and margining for Financial Markets trades
- Experience in Test driven development, micro services, messaging middleware, Kafka, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Java 8, React, Docker, monitoring tools such as ITRS, ELK etc.
- Experience with Rule Engines such Drools
- Strong hands-on ability on relational database development, like Oracle, Postgres SQL
- Be familiar with Continuous Integration methodology
- Good written and spoken English
- Good knowledge about financial markets and trade lifecycle is a big plus
- Financial Markets knowledge and work experience
- Interest in new IT technology for programming
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL, NoSQL structured data solutions, Data Warehousing and ETL tools, Network, and file system protocols
- Experience in Groovy, Perl, Python, Ruby or other scripting languages
- Experience with picking and applying good software practices like test driven development (TDD), continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Strong communication and client facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment and build relationships
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and can maximise their personal potential.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.