- Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Project Manager - Technology & Operations
- Location: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Project Manager - Technology & OperationsAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Standard Chartered Bank, is looking for a Scrum Master to be part of the digital channels development team.
The team is responsible for building user-centric native and web-based digital solution applications for use by the Bank's customers around the world. You will be working with highly skilled engineers on APIs, iOS, Android and Responsive front-end web platforms and get to work in modern software development environments and practices. As part of the engineering team, you will have an opportunity to contribute to the evolving technical direction of the team as we adapt to this rapidly changing space.
Role Description As a Scrum master, you will focus on adapt Agile process and leading a software engineering team to deliver the business value to the Bank's digital channels. You will understand the different technology silos within the Bank and how to interface with them. You will be part of a small team that constantly analyze and improve the digital channels platform from a technical point of view a well as from end users. You'll keep yourself updated with the latest software technologies and spread the knowledge to your coworkers.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to user Agile/Scrum practices and values to deliver digital solutions;
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps;
- Building a trusting environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving;
- Ability to bring new ideas and present them in clear, thoughtful manner;
- Ensure the adoption of Agile development practices
- Coach and provide candid feedback to team members, help the team overcome obstacles
- Catalyst for adoption of modern software development practices
- Unit testing, test driven development, continuous integration and paired programming
- Ensuring delivery of software into production, following the Bank's delivery process guidelines
- Collaboration with Product Management and Marketing
- Support and educate product owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog;
- Excellent in communicating and presenting technology topics;
- Excellent negotiation skills and project management skills;
- Good analytical ability and good planning and organizational skills;
- Experience playing the Scrum master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practises and theory;
- Experience playing the project manager role for at least five years for a software development;
- Solid knowledge and experience of Agile toolkits such as JIRA, CICD;
- Strong technical back ground;
- Banking industry project experience;
- Familiar with Banking industry process;
- DevOps - Tools and Techniques
- Pragmatic. You have a thorough understanding of, and are highly informed by, the purist approaches. But you also have an understanding of what it takes to deliver working software.
- Completion. Delivery. Shipping working software with high usability to our customers is what matters most. Your biggest thrill from a big new idea comes when you see it working in the real world.
- Collaboration. Building software is primarily a social activity so you need to play well with others. Figuring out the right thing for the team to do is not about winning a debate at all costs.
- Diversity. You value everyone's ideas, background, thoughts, and culture.
- Curious. You like to learn. You continually, and deliberately, learn.
- Passionate. You are passionate about software. You live and breathe software. It is not just a job, it is a way of life.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.