About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Write high quality technical specifications from business/functional specifications
- Contribute to design and implementation of application integration solutions
- ETL Work for development projects
- Meet committed project schedules and effort estimates
- Contribute to implementation and enforcement of best practices related to standards and control of software code, testing and release management in ETL development
- Supervision and management of junior and intermediary level ETL developers
- Involve in the ETL migration work to Big data echo system
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from a top tier university
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on professional experience in software development for financial markets businesses
- Minimum of 5 years in application system development (DataStage)
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop under a SDLC for both traditional waterfall and agile development methodologies
- High proficiency (5+ years) in hands-on development in the following languages/technology:
- Datastage version 9.1 and above
- Sybase Transact SQL and/or Oracle PL-SQL
- Unix shell scripting
- Windows, Linux and Unix operating systems
- Hands on Bigdata echo system (hive, spark etc)
Preferred, but not strictly required experience, qualifications and skills:
- Financial market product and transaction life cycle knowledge
- Exposure to banking services
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.