- Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Team Leader, Credit Risk Control
- Location: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Team Leader, Credit Risk ControlAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Responsible for CRC Document review and Reporting preparation
• Supervising providing credit documentation support to portfolios of borrowing accounts
• To provide support and/or liaise with Relationship Managers (RMs) and internal CRC-CAU teams to ensure effective and timely closing of BCAs and facility set-up
• To answer RM enquiries re documentation issues
• To liaise with counterparts in CRC-CAU for effective closing of facilities and limit input
• To supervise preparing monthly EAR/ASTAR package and handle relevant enquire from counterparties.
• To supervise preparing MTM reports / CCRF meeting pack.
• To fulfill the requirements of other Credit monitoring task assigned.
• To perform daily/bi-weekly/monthly CMS reports monitoring according to DOI requirement.
• Process and check BFLs and security documents to ensure that same are prepared in accordance with approved credit applications and in compliance with agreed turnaround time/SCB relevant policies and procedures/relevant DOIs/R&R
• Proactively follow-up with business teams and in-house/external counsels where appropriate to facilitate closing of facilities
• To act as maker and/or checker (per delegation authority) of constitutional documents, BFLs and security documents submitted by RMs
• Issuance of deficiency reports where documents are deficient and communicate/follow up with RMs
• Issuance of SCC/DDN (per delegation authority) in accordance with departmental operating procedure for facility drawdown
• To liaise with CRC-CAU to communicate issuance of SCC/DDNs.
• To input all necessary database and monitoring including TAT, stamp duty, incoming doc., insurance register, PBOC register, SAFE register etc.
• Perform all inputs in CMS for security lodgment, deficiency report and SCC/DDN issuance
• Liaise with stakeholders/other departments of the bank, e.g. Product Management, Legal and Compliance, Cash, Trade, etc. for credit documentation related matters
• Provide training / coaching to subordinates or co-workers
• Share knowledge/best practice amongst the team
• Assist with departmental projects or other tasks as and when assigned by line manager or department manager
If appointed as Fire Marshal, to be responsible for:
1. identifying and reporting fire hazards or defects of fire safety facilities;
2. ensuring the reported fire hazards and defects are rectified in a timely manner;
3. ensuring the required fire precautions are taken and maintained; and
4. facilitating evacuation in the event of fire or emergency
• Maintain key relationships with internal and external parties including Local SCO/Credit Approvers, Relationship Managers - SRMs, RMs, ARMs and Sales support team members; Branch Operations in China; Compliance officers; Internal Group Audits; counterparts in local CDU/other overseas CDU; GSSC; external lawyer and property appraisers etc
• Ensure good Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
Apart from other KPI on cost, management, projects etc Learn and understand all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures
Learn and understand all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures
Ensure team awareness of all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures.
Ensure NO policy and procedures in breach and potential breaches
• Accountable for implementing and complying with AML requirements when performing duties
• If appointed as Department Continuity Coordinator (DCC) or alternate DCC or team member of recovery team, to be responsible to take care of recovery activities and alternative processing for the department's business functions according to the
Business Continuity Plan
• To prepare monthly EAR/ASTAR package and handle relevant enquire from counterparties
• To monitor Excess and Past Due related tasks for both CIB and CB clients
• To prepare MTM reports / CCRF meeting pack and work out meeting minutes
• To fulfill the requirements of other Credit monitoring task assigned
Objectives: Please refer to the relevant job objectives designated at the beginning of each year
• Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of my role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the [country / business unit / function/XXX [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
RM, CRC-CAU, CA, CM, COBAM
• Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in all Group Businesses.
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.