- Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Test ManagerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Managerial responsibilities: Responsible for Senior Test Engineers and Test Engineers' performance and general day to day managing of the project UAT team, also to manage any 3rd party or contracting testing resource.
- Liaise with PM's, BA's, consultants and developers to identify and assess new development or enhancement tasks with the functions and objects affecting them. Arrange meetings between PM's, BA's, consultants, developers and IT servers that have contention, agreeing and documenting action plan.
- Oversees/coordinates all aspects of the project change and test environmental requirements. And plans, conducts and directs the release and test environment analysis. Identify objectives and functions usage contentions. Ensure that test environments are maintained and remain "Fit for purpose" for the programme of project deliverables.
- Act as a single point of UAT Team contact for project delivery, attend CAB to support the project delivery and ensure the smooth transition through the SDLC. Interfaces with all areas affected by CAB changes including suppliers, IT services and various business departments.
- Assess project risks, issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity quality and delivery goals. Monitors the project SW release from initiation through to delivery ensuring full interaction with customer on all matters providing status reports as necessary.
- Maintain strong relationship with IT services relating to software release and change to ensure smooth transition. Escalate test and/or release contention issues to the Head of IT Projects.
- Mentoring and training of internal testing resources, and organising, recruiting extra resource when required. Deliver and maintain internal "Best Practice" for new application/ enhancement release and test management processes.
- Self-organising, achieves tasks without constant monitoring.
- Manageability; takes direction and provides proactive and constructive support.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of SDLC.
- Good understanding of at least 1 ERP solution.
- Ability to work as part of a Testing team.
- Good knowledge and experience of User Acceptance Testing and project management.
- Ability to prioritise workload in light of fluctuating business requirements.
- Strong organisation, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Already holding a release/test management/test lead role.
- Proven ability in relationship building and influencing skills in a business and IT environment.