MSBIC Finance Director, Zhuhai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, institutional securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. MSBIC
Morgan Stanley Bank International (China) Ltd. (MSBIC) is a locally incorporated foreign bank wholly owned by Morgan Stanley in Zhuhai, China. It has a branch in Beijing and the Bank is primarily engaged in bond and FX trading, lending, loan syndication, and corporate deposit taking. MSBIC is a niche bank that focuses on providing unique domestic and cross-border solutions to large corporations and institutions in China. In preparation for the Bank’s new phase of development as it seeks to take advantage of the market and product liberalization in China and to comply with the dynamic regulatory requirements, MSBIC is seeking a suitable candidate to join the Finance Department of the Beijing branch. Department Profile
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and has over 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Global Corporate Controllers (GCC) is responsible for overseeing the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. Finance prepares external reports for public and regulatory filings and internal reporting for financial oversight and analysis. Position Description
This role is located in Beijing and report directly to the Head of Finance of MSBIC Beijing Branch. The role is responsible for the accounting, regulatory reporting, products control and handle the finance matters including, but not limited to, preparation of financial statements, daily P&L control and reporting, regulatory filings, monthly closing of the Firm's books and records, analytics, entity-specific accounting policy, legal entity maintenance, account reconciliation and account structure maintenance. Primary Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly financial close including analytical review in compliance with local GAAP and US GAAP
- Monitor and report regulatory ratios and returns to the relevant authorities in compliance with the regulatory rules and regulations
- Prepare annual financial statements in compliance with local GAAP
- Monitor and analyze financial analysis on the Bank’s profitability and balance sheet from management and legal entity perspective.
- Liaise with internal tax department and tax authorities on tax filings and related matters
- Ensure compliance with internal Morgan Stanley standard, controls and policies
- Drive process improvement process through refinement in data quality and enhanced control.
- Engagement in various cross-divisional ad-hoc projects and assisting in queries from stakeholders.