1. AXA IM Alts
With €190bn assets under management, AXA IM Alts, the alternatives business unit of AXA IM, is a global leader in alternatives investment, operating in real estate, private debt & alternative credit, private equity & infrastructure and hedge funds. Our 700+ employees operating from 16 offices around the world are serving the needs of more than 350 clients worldwide.
Our goal is to enhance the value of assets we manage on behalf of our clients by adopting a proactive approach to responsible investment. We fully integrate ESG criteria into our investment decisions and advise clients on both financial and non-financial risks and opportunities.
We pride ourselves on fostering a culture of high performance, which means we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically qualified, but also open to the world, innovative and able to harness their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a business. 2. Description of the department
Our Real Estate Asset Management team is based across Europe. More specifically in Paris, the Intern will join a team of 8 Analysts within the Asset Management France department. This department manages a portfolio of c. 20 billion assets in Offices / Retail / Logistics / Residential / Hotels for AXA IM Real Assets, a European leader in real estate asset management. 3. The main responsibilities of the role
The apprentice will assist together with the other Analysts, the Asset Managers and will contribute to the definition and the implementation of the best value creation strategy for some assets based on business necessity. He / she will be responsible for: Asset strategy/Planning/Monitoring:
Asset Operational Management:
- Proving analysis contributing to the definition of the asset strategy: market benchmark, DCF calculation
- Contributing to the preparation and the monitoring of the asset budget (revenues, opex and capex) coordinating with the property managers or asset operators,
- Assisting in monitoring external valuations: check information, review consistency of reports, provide gap analysis
Acquisition and disposal:
- Collecting and analysing all relevant and updated data / documentation at asset level (technical, legal, tax and commercial data)
- Contributing to the supervision of tenancy issues, claims and potential law suits with legal advisors
- Controling leasing information
- Contributing to the implementation of the marketing and letting strategy (brokers mandate elaboration, marketing tools, visits management, covenant rating)
- Assisting asset manager in the implementation and follow up of ESG strategy
- Monitoring asset KPI's and contribute to reporting of the investors
- Providing analytical and presentation support on ad hoc strategic (success book, commercial reports, etc..)
- Monitoring PM and servicers: prepare and follow RFP, follow and organize mandate deadlines
Your Profile 4. Profile Education/Qualifications
- Assisting in the preparation of disposals (data room collection, valuation, preparation of marketing tools, etc...)
- Assisting in the on-boarding of new acquisitions (collect data, PM RFP, insurance coverage,etc...)
- Postgraduate studies in Finance, Management, Engineering or Real Estate
- Proven interest in real estate (any previous internship within asset management or with a focus on real estate would be considered as a plus)
5. What do we offer
- Accomplished interpersonal skills, ability to work efficiently in a team in an international and matrix environment
- Autonomous, initiative, entrepreneurial and result driven culture
- Strong analytical and synthesis capacity
- Verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Creative thinking, capability to develop innovative solutions
- Good knowledge of French (C1) and English
- This Apprenticeship is an excellent opportunity to discover an international working environment. Due to our leading position on the market you can gain a strong exposure to a variety of complex issues of a European real estate asset manager.
- You will be fully integrated to our team and you will have the opportunity to work together and discover other departments such as Fund Management, Transactions, Development and Asset Controlling
- You will join a growing platform which will allow you to take-over real responsibilities rapidly
- Opportunity to be hired on a full-time basis after the apprenticeship
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers. About the Entity
AXA Investment Managers (AXA IM) is a responsible asset manager, actively investing for the long-term to help its clients, its people and the world to prosper. Our high conviction approach enables us to uncover what we believe to be the best global investment opportunities across alternative and traditional asset classes, managing €824 billion in assets as of December 2022.
AXA IM is a leading investor in green, social and sustainable markets, managing €489billion of ESG-integrated, sustainable and impact assets at the end of 2022.
We are committed to reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 across all our assets, and integrating ESG principles into our business, from stock selection to our corporate actions and culture. Our goal is to provide clients with a true value responsible investment solution, while driving meaningful change for society and the environment.
At end of 2022, AXA IM employs over 2,600 employees around the world, operates out of 24 offices across 18 countries and is part of the AXA Group, a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management. What We Offer
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.