Financial Controller - Private Debt - CRE (Loan Asset Management)
22 Bishopsgate, London - Hybrid
At AXA IM our purpose, to act for human progress by investing for what matters, is central to every action we take as a business. As a responsible asset manager, we actively invest for the long-term to help our clients, our people and the world to prosper.
As a future Financial Controller - Private Debt - CRE, you will report to Head of FMCG Private Debt, and you will be part of AXA IM Real Assets.
DISCOVER your opportunity
AXA Investment Managers (AXA IM) is a multi-expert asset management company within the AXA Group, a global leader in financial protection and wealth management. AXA IM is one of the largest European-based asset managers with approximately €830bn in assets under management as of the end of September 2020. AXA IM employs 750+ investment professionals around the world and operates out of 15 investment centers.
Given its growth prospects, the Commercial Real Estate & Infrastructure Fund Management Controlling Group team of AXA IM - Real Assets is looking for Financial Controller - Loan Asset Management (CRE) - to join either its London or Paris office. The team is a market leader in Commercial Real Estate debt with more than $24bn AuMs in Europe and US and a 15 years track record. We are looking for a dynamic, rigorous, motivated team-player to be part of our expanding fund management and controlling team. The candidate would have previous experience in real estate debt such as in a real estate loan servicer or in a loan portfolio management team within a bank or a real estate debt fund.
The role will focus on the Loan Asset Management of loans in Germany across different real estate asset classes and risk profile (core to value add / development financings).
The candidate will follow the loans from closing through its entire life including restructurings, refinancings, extensions etc.
You will be part of a team of more than 10 professionals interacting with the Fund Management team and other internal teams (client relationships and risk teams) and third parties (banks, borrowers, facility agents, legal advisors etc).
The successful candidate will be required to adapt as the FMCG function evolves and to assist in the role-out of an ongoing systems/controls/processes upgrade in line with the growth of the platform.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
What we offer
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company. AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.
Loan Asset Management - You will monitor the performance and the evolution of Commercial Real Estate German Debt investments from origination until their repayment. The main tasks include: following up interest payments and nominal repayments, handling waivers from our borrowers in coordination with the Fund management team, review of the loans' performance through tracking of key financial covenants (LTV, DSCR, Debt Yield), review of asset valuations, update of cash flows and tenancy schedules and monitoring of operational aspects of the assets being financed (such as capex programmes, ESG metrics).
Main responsibilities are (but are not limited to):
- Be the FMCG entry point of both our Fund Management Team, Loan Facility Agencies, Risk and Borrowers on an allocated portfolio of real estate loans;
- Closings: guidelines check, validation of deal allocation, KYC preparation, ensuring payments /investments properly processed and received;
- IPDs: interests cashflows reconciliation, fees calculations (break costs, non-utilization fees, lake-whole fees), reimbursements/amortization follow ups;
- Covenants/waivers: Ensuring their reception as per legal documentation, analysis of convenants (alerting Fund Managers if need be), analysis of waivers as to enable Fund Managers to take further action; be in charge of the loan;
- Reconciliation of financial information (Simcorp Dimension) as to ensure the quality of the internally and externally shared data;
- Valuation: preparation of the valuation committee/loan review, valuation proposal to Fund Management (in light of waivers/covenants), preparation of minutes;
- Reconciliation and reporting's;
- Service providers review.
SHARE your unique expertise
We welcome different combinations of skills & experiences.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Business schools, engineering schools or universities.
- Previous experiences in a financial institution will be appreciated (banks' loan portfolio management teams, asset management company or loan service providers)
- Proven financial, analytical and organizational skills
- English (high proficiency required). German is a plus.
- Appetite for/knowledge of Loan documentation
- Appetite for/knowledge of the Real Estate Debt sector
- Team player, multi-tasking, rigorousness, desire and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment and capacity for synthesizing and prioritizing
- Advanced skills in Excel/VBA. Knowledge of Simcorp Dimension is a plus but not a must have
We would love to know more about you. Let's connect! Send us your resume. About AXA
The AXA Group is a global leader in insurance and asset management, with 160,000 employees serving 105 million customers in 62 countries.
We protect and advise our clients at every stage of their lives, offering products and services that meet their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, savings and asset management.
Our mission: to act for human progress by protecting what matters
Our values: Customer first, Integrity, Courage and One AXA About the Entity
At AXA IM we are investing with a clear purpose - to make the world a better place. We act for human progress by investing for what matters. Our conviction-led approach enables us to uncover what we believe to be the best global investment opportunities across alternative and core asset classes. We are already entrusted by our clients with more than €887 billion in assets.
AXA Investment Managers | Home | AXA IM Corporate (axa-im.com)
AXA IM is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates with disabilities or any other protected characteristic to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities, when needed, to apply for a position or to perform essential job functions.
Inclusion and Diversity | Careers | AXA IM Corporate (axa-im.com) What We Offer
We are committed to offer you an environment where you can:
Grow your potential : be part of a forward-thinking business with internal opportunities and personalized learning paths available to help constantly develop your skills and abilities.
Shape the way you work : work for a company which is highly committed to providing flexibility & balance to its employees, offering you a large range of benefits (hybrid working, competitive health benefits, among many others.).
Thrive within a diverse community : play a role within a responsible company that actively recognizes and values individual differences in a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Move the world forward : join a responsible employer that acts in favor of societal and environmental causes as an investor, insurer and company, notably through the AXA Heart in Action association. As part of our commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility, we will celebrate your arrival by planting a tree.