Job Description: Deutsche Bank Technology in Berlin
DB Technology is a global team of tech specialists, spread across multiple trading hubs and tech centres. We have a strong focus on promoting technical excellence - our engineers work at the forefront of financial services innovation using cutting-edge technologies.
Our Berlin location is our most recent addition to our global network of tech centres and growing strongly. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and to creating excellent opportunities for talented engineers and technologists. Our tech teams and business units use agile ways of working to create #GlobalHausbank solutions from our home market. Research Domain
Deutsche Bank Research is responsible for macro and microanalysis within Deutsche Bank Group and acts as consultant for the bank, its clients and stakeholders. We analyze relevant trends for the bank in financial markets, the economy and society and highlight risks and opportunities.
As a Senior Java Engineer (f/m/x) you will be responsible for full life-cycle of development tasks, starting from specification and design to successful implementation and level 3 production support. Therefore you should showcase a history of delivering high-quality software solutions, a proactive approach to problem-solving, and the capacity to work collaboratively in an agile development environment. Your key responsibilities
Your skills and experiences
- Software Development: Lead and participate in the design, development, testing, and deployment of complex Java-based applications using Spring framework, React, Angular, and Oracle SQL.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior developers. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the adherence to best practices, coding standards, and architectural principles.
- System Architecture: Contribute to the architectural decisions and design discussions for scalable and maintainable software solutions. Ensure alignment with the overall technical strategy of the organization.
- Code Review and Quality Assurance: Conduct thorough code reviews to ensure code quality, maintainability, and performance optimization. Implement and advocate for automated testing practices and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Problem Solving and Optimization: Analyze and resolve complex technical issues in a timely manner. Identify performance bottlenecks, optimize application performance, and recommend solutions for enhancing system efficiency.
What we offer
- Java Proficiency: Strong algorithmic skills and extensive hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of Java programming, including core concepts, design patterns, and multi-threading.
- Full-Stack Development: Strong expertise in developing both back-end and front-end components. Proficiency in Spring framework for back-end and React/Angular for front-end development.
- Database Interaction: Demonstrated skill in working with relational databases, particularly Oracle SQL. Ability to write complex queries, optimize database interactions, and design efficient data models.
- Integration Skills: Experience in integrating various software components and APIs seamlessly. Able to create RESTful APIs and effectively integrate front-end and back-end functionalities.
- Architecture and Design: Proven ability to design and implement software architectures. Understanding of scalable and maintainable design principles, as well as familiarity with microservices architecture.
- Competitive salary and benefits , including 30 days of holiday
- Hybrid model of remote work and office days
- Working at the forefront of financial services technology at scale!
In case of any recruitment related questions, please get in touch with Anna Martinez
Contact Anna Martinez: +49 (0)30 34073238
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.