PRC Macro is a China-focused independent research and advisory firm with teams Asia and North America. We are looking for a Regional Sales Representative in Asia to develop new business in major financial centers. This would be an excellent opportunity for a finance/economics graduate with several years of work experience in the financial services industry. This full-time position may be located in Hong Kong but the regional location is flexible.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Source qualified prospects (CIOs, Strategists, Directors of Research, Portfolio Managers and Analysts) at buy-side firms in a defined sales region. Initiate engagement and trials with sales prospects and manage the sales process.
• Responsible for marketing, lead generation and managing the full sales cycle.
• Achieve sales targets and corporate objectives.
• Schedule client and prospect events and meetings with strategists (both virtually and in person) and travel domestically or abroad when required.
• Handle prospect and client inquiries related to PRC Macro’s research and strategy.
• Partner with other sales colleagues to expand existing client relationships and work with research teams on product refinements and new product development.
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience in sales, business development, marketing or customer service in a financial institution or relevant work environment. Keen interest and knowledge of financial firms and markets.
• Experience networking at industry events and some cold calling.
• Proactive personality with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment.
• University Degree required.
• CRM applications (Salesforce experience is an asset).
• Excellent communication skills. Fluent spoken and written English. Other languages, in particular Mandarin, would be an asset.