Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Financial Control - Financial Management Information Department
Hang Seng's Financial Control Division works closely with the Bank's stakeholders, including business partners, shareholders, regulators and external examiners. We function as their accountants and business partners in providing comprehensive information on financial management, financial planning, financial reporting and compliance, capital planning and reporting, financial control & SOX control, tax advisory, insurance finance, and treasury and investment finance.
Should you join our Financial Control function, you will assist in preparing the Bank's financial statements, head office and regulatory returns, financial analysis, financial budgets, capital returns, ledger control and SOX monitoring. You will also have opportunities to involve in new initiatives in accounting policy, capital requirement policy, reporting efficiency improvement, as well as accounting systems and financial reporting systems enhancement.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Finance and Accounting Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Responsible for providing comprehensive financial management information, business analysis on the performance of business units, products and customer segments for management review
- Convene regular meetings with business managers to understand the business needs and provide tailor made management information to cope with business expansion and development.
- Participate in management accounting related projects and enhancement with a strong analytical mindset and coordinating with team members to enhance the existing workflow.
- University degree in related discipline, with a recognized professional accounting qualification an advantage, proficiency in both English and Chinese
- Minimum of four years' experience in accounting / auditing, preferably with exposure on management reporting and financial analysis
- Observe & implement business agreement on revenue splitting
- Ascertain information needs of different level of management
- Sound Knowledge of application software including Excel, MS Access and Powerpoint
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills and able to work under pressure
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.