Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Are you interested in markets and companies coverage? Do you want to unearth the next big trend to drive company financials? Are you exhilarated by the intensity of earnings season, with all its shocks and surprises?
If so, come join the Breaking News team as we take on one of the newsroom's biggest upcoming initiatives -- a vast expansion in our Asia-Pacific earnings coverage. Armed with our latest technology and extensive preparation, you'll ensure we're providing the best possible package for readers across the entirety of the earnings news flow. You'll contribute to coverage of a large and geographically diverse set of companies, from the preview to the moment of release all the way through to the market reaction. We want to investigate into company segments, use estimates comparisons to provide instant context, and mine conference calls for interesting commentary; markets will rise and fall based on your reporting. We'll trust you to:
You need to have:
- Ensure our earnings coverage is complete from start to finish and contains market-moving data and context
- Look for ways to bring our coverage to the next level
- Work with Extraction teams on opportunities to automate coverage
- Stay on top of major stories and trends that matter to market participants
- Mine earnings statements for key financial data in real time and look for opportunities for further coverage
- Work across departments outside of News to ensure we have the right data and context
- Collaborate with other teams within News including Breaking News, Global Business and Markets teams
- At least 3 years of recent experience in financial journalism or supporting company financials products for use in journalistic reporting
- Experience working at or supporting a real-time news service
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Experience covering or analyzing company financial statements
- Familiarity working with automated content and semi-automation tools
- Willingness to learn and work with machine learning and processing systems
- Levelheadedness for solving problems quickly and confidently in fast paced situations
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- A team-player mentality and a constructive, flexible demeanor
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it's never dull. We're a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans. If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.