Core Business Services - Business Development - Business Development Executive / Associate Director
- To be discussed HKD
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- 7-10 yrs
- Ernst & Young Hong Kong
- 12 Sep 18 2018-09-12
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Business Development team and you will support and execute go-to-market business development and marketing strategies. As a Business Development professional, you’ll work with account teams to build relationships with our clients, drive new business and build revenue growth.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
- Support the Global Client Service Partner (GCSP) in the efforts to develop the account strategy and plan, co-lead such efforts by developing high-value “breakthrough” ideas
- Identify and establish key relationship with different buying influences, including but not limited to account executives and necessary external influences from government, collaborators, and intermediaries etc.
- Maintain and develop account relationship together with GCSP and account teams/professionals, secure and manage organization resources to be properly deployed and match client business needs
- Manage the sales process for the portfolio of strategic opportunities in the account from opportunity identification to deal closing
- Participate in pricing and contractual arrangements; support GCSP to decide appropriate service teams/professionals and fees
- Coach the account teams/professionals regarding the account management activities, including the account management system and tools
New revenue pursuits
- Responsible for business development strategy and plan on assigned geographic regions; co-lead with partners to executive the BD plans from opportunity identification to deal closing
- Establish and maintain relationship with key government organizations, including but not limited to Central and local SASAC, NDRC, Finance Affairs & IPO, MOFCOM departments and etc.; responsible for developing such relationship with partners to win revenue projects. Such relationship plan need to report and get approval from leadership
- Establish and develop relationship with assigned PE/VC, investment banks, lawyers and other stakeholders; developing IPO and relevant service opportunities is a priority in new revenue pursuits
- Focus on major targets in assigned region and create Channel 1 or Channel 2 service opportunities. Support organization branding events such as EOY and Milestone where applicable
To qualify for the role you must have
- Outstanding business sense and market savvy on China and local markets; Minimum eight year working experience in a reputable business and/or government organization
- Extensive and proven business and government working background and relationship network are specially valued
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of professional services and working experience in a reputable professional service organization is a plus
- Self-starter and willing to travel frequently
- Team player and report to office managing partner (OMP)
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.