- This role is responsible for the smooth functioning of GCNA Regional ALCO in support of the regional business strategy whilst ensuring governance, regulatory and group requirements are met. In addition, the individual in this role would work closely with various stakeholders such as group counterparts, individual country ALCO teams, balance sheet optimisation team, risk functions and help to deliver various balance sheet optimisation initiatives as directed by the committees.
- Partner with the businesses to ensure balance sheet resources are suitably/optimally deployed to support our clients
- Work with committee stakeholders to formulate balance sheet strategy and drive optimisation initiatives
- Balance between business objectives/returns and maintaining a strong liquid balance sheet in line with Group policy, PRA regulations and local country regulations
- Help to direct strategic projects where needed, particularly those that have a broad impact to the bank's balance sheet
- Establish appropriate balance sheet information to aid the business in decision making and the provision of insights
- Facilitate the execution of bank-wide and/or cross-functional balance sheet related business initiatives
- Advise the business on capital and liquidity topics and appropriate positioning to aid our client franchise
- Facilitate the analysis and enable the decision on allocating finite balance sheet resources across business and GCNA locations.
- Participates in Corporate planning process and coordinate among countries to deliver consolidated regional output to RALCO and the Board.
- Lead the structural FX management effort for the region
People and Talent
- Provide support to RALCO which includes ancillary processes around the reporting, collation and review of relevant materials
- Ensure balance sheet reporting and forecasting is timely, accurate and meets stakeholder requirements
- Coordinate between the business & functions to ensure committee actions are executed
- Ensure robust process controls are in place in line with the operational risk framework and BCBS239 principles
- Execute on the people agenda to ensure appropriate succession planning and strong staff engagement
- Promote the development of our talent by fostering a strong learning culture
- Support the committees, Regional Treasurer and GCFOs on the oversight of Capital and Liquidity Risk management
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Manage the agenda for RALCO committees and ensure appropriate governance around the management of the balance sheet
- Ensure the effective implementation of the overall Capital & Liquidity Risk Type Framework in collaboration with the respective subject vertical teams
- Maintain robust governance documentation such as the Country Balance Sheet Manual and relevant policies/standards
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead RALCO team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- GCNA RALCO members & invitees including RCEO, RCFO, RCRO and Regional Business Heads
- Country BSM teams and Treasury Teams
- Regional Treasurer GCNA
- Capital and Liquidity teams in Regional Treasury teams
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Sound understanding of balance sheet management, oversight and control frameworks.
- Strong grasp of consumer and commercial banking products including derivatives and fixed income
- Analytical inquisitive nature and sharp business acumen, the ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return and thereby optimise business performance.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, given the need to deliver consistent and compelling messages to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Previous people management & development skills preferred
- Academic degree from a well-recognised institution.
- Knowledge of the Basel regulatory environment and requirements, as well as, ideally, any knowledge of regulatory requirements in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan and/or Korea
About Standard Chartered
- Capital Management
- Liquidity Management
- Financial Products & Markets
- Governance, Regulation and Risk Management - Corporate Governance
- Governance, Regulation and Risk Management - Regulatory Compliance
- Governance, Regulation and Risk Management - Risk and Control
- Effective communication
- Influencing through expertise
- Financial Analysis
- Finance and Accounting
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers