The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- To act as lead banker for deals involving direct client dialogues in Hong Kong. To actively engage in the whole deal process, including screening, structuring, pitching, approval, execution and monitoring.
- Initiate cross-selling of the bank's products in line with the account plans, focusing on the maximization of return criteria set by the bank. Coordinate and cooperate with product partners to align for product focus.
People & Talent Risk Management
- Strictly follow the policy and rules, live the value propositions, and follow the bank's compliance environment when making business/finance decision/judgment.
- Help maintain a high-quality credit profile for the managed portfolio with close monitoring of the customers' financial performances and keeping abreast of the latest market conditions.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure to follow group governance and implement into daily business. Encourage strong governance culture in the team and business operation.
Key stakeholders Internal
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- To promote ONE BANK approach by actively working with our product partners, GAMs and FAMs.
- To follow guideline on business development, team management, overall relationship management and budgetary planning.
Other Relationship support colleagues
- To coach and provide guidance in order to enhance performance and smoothen process.
- To help manage relationships, develop business, evaluate credits, negotiate facility terms and pricing, resolve operational problems and secure market information.
Our Ideal Candidate Role Specific Technical Competencies
- To together market full range of Bank's products and services. Explore new market opportunity and identify potential prospects.
About Standard Chartered
- Cross sell
- Risk management
- Understanding client needs
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers